Monday 22 December 2008

#resolve09: New Years Resolutions

A list of things I must do in 2009.



1. Exercise more: Buy a bike and take up dancing lessons with the missus.

2. Listen to less podcasts. Only play podcasts on the way into work not on the way home. This leaves more time for...

3. Read more books. Its shocking how few books I've read in 2008. It takes me ages to read books because of all the writing I do at home and listening to podcasts on the train work. That reminds me..

4. Listen to more music. While I'm reading on the train I can listen to music rather than the aforementioned podcasts.

5. Try and secure some freelance work as a writer. You know the sort of thing: No job too small, no fee too big.

6. Write that book. I can say nothing more on that.

7. Prepare for the worst. There is a reasonable chance that I will be laid off this year. I need to batton down the hatches and get a back-up plan ready should it be required.

8. Network more. Be more confident in the things I do well and be friendlier to people.

9. Keep using Twitter. But try not to let it overtake me.

10. Watch less football.

1 comments:

Chris O 1 January 2009 at 13:47  

I can certainly associate with some of those, Duffers.

1) I've definitely got to exercise more. My weight's creeping up like there's no tomrrow, and not just because of the Christmas excesses.

3) I've still got books that people bought me about 5 - 10 years ago that I haven't touched. Must get round to reading them. I'm also a slow reader, which limits how many I can get through, too.

5) Due to my current state of employment, I'm thinking of asking various companies with a blog site if I can write for them. Not sure what interest I'll get, but it'll be worth a try...

6) Not really a new year's resolution, but I might one day fulfil my dream of writing a sitcom. Maybe one day...

Best of luck with your resolutions, old friend. Hope you can look back on them this time next year with the satisfaction of having achieved most of them!