Thursday 18 December 2008

The Onion Bag and @onionbag. Where next?



My latest hair-brained scheme is the 140er. It’s like the Fiver only not as good, long or funny. The 140er is a round up of the of the day's football news in 140 characters.

Hopefully over time it will become a sharp witted, pithy and above all brief news round-up that will become a part of football loving Twitterers daily routine.

I'm going to use @onionbag because it fits and because I'm aware that the majority of @redduffman followers aren't into football. However I am a little worried about the whole @onionbag thing. Should I be twittering as me or as the Onion Bag?

I think a lot of people on Twitter think that official website Twitters are not done. They’re either too commercial or they don’t follow back or they’re generally using Twitter to plug their website. I’d like to think that the Onion Bag is not really into that sort of thing. Its not like the Bag is a commercial organisation. We don't even run ads on the home page, only the archive.

Having said that, since I started the Bag's Twitter stream I've not been entirely certain as to what to do with it. Do I simply use it as another feed like RSS or should I try to write Onion Bag content as tweets (or tweets as very small Bags)?

I guess the answer should be yes to both .So that's why I think its OK to start the 140er on the Onion Bag's Twitter stream. Its time I saw @onionbag as an extension of The Onion Bag website itself.

Rock on.

Further reading: Do Brands Belong On Twitter?

0 comments: