Thursday 20 November 2008

Metro loves Terry

John Terry that is as the following headline reveals:

TERRY SPARES CARSON'S BLUSHES

I didn't read the article as I was concerned about the message I'd be sending to the young woman who's paper it was (mind you I've always thought that Metros ever belonged to anyone). However, if I infer from the headline that the blame for Germany's hilarious equlaiser against England in last night's actually quite decent friendly match lies solely with Scott Carson. This would be in spite of the fact that it was clearly JT's responsibility to clear the ball and the great man (of whom I'm not a great fan it must be said from the off) was big enough to take the fall. Either that or Fabio told him it was his fault and he should confess to save face for Carson, a 'keeper sorely lacking in confidence.

When that headline was approved the folks at Metro were probably were not aware that JT had 'fessed up to the blunder and we saw a glimpse at the level of sycophancy that exists for the Chelsea skipper. In fairness, much of this is down to London bias from a local London paper. However, I'm beginning to think that the best part of John Terry are his PR people.

Turns out that the Metro website has published a follow up to their bold headline.

I'm grateful to Chris for setting me straight on the headline (see comments). I haven't changed it as a reminder to myself of what an ill-informed cock I can be.

3 comments:

Unknown 20 November 2008 at 10:46  

I have a Metro on my desk with the headline 'Terry gets Carson off the hook'. The story acknowledges Terry's shouldering of the blame, but still points the finger squarely at Carson.

Tyldesley was up to much the same nonsense last night.

Chrissy 20 November 2008 at 11:39  

I love the Metro so friggin hard

Terry Duffelen 20 November 2008 at 18:28  

Bah! I knew my lousy memory would come back to haunt me. Nevertheless, I stand by my tenuous theory.

Chrissy: Really? For the love of cake why?